eternity

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

matthew updates.

We took Matthew last Friday the 31st to get his testing done. His blood test and bone scan for dwarfism. The blood test came back normal and his bone scan came back for him
at the age of nine months. So his height is the age of 8 month old his bone scan is at the
age of 9 month old, he is 15 lbs 12 oz. And one years old. The doctor still wants us to meet with
an endocrinologist due to some severe shortness in my family and a diagnosis of dwarfism. I
will keep you all updated on that.

Now on the the next.
About two weeks after Matthew got out of the hospital he got a fever. It started on a Friday
at about 101 went to tuesday all the time between 101 and 103. I went to the doctor
on that Monday. They said it looked like a cold. But his influenza test and strep tests came back negative. He also said that they were not always 100 percent. A little frustrated because Matthew hadn't slept since Friday and had not had a chance to get back to himself I went home. He woke every two hours that night. Tuesday night was the last straw. I felt awful Matthew woke every hour and was so upset. I did not know what to do and had lost all patience. I just bawled, and i bawled most of Wednesday. Yes i had human mom moment ;)

So Wednesday i took him to my moms doctor for this massive sore i noticed. He got a scrape on Sunday but nothing to fuss over. Notice Wednesday morning that right next to the sore there was a huge pussy red sore. Right under his arm pit. So into the doctor he went. The doctor said it was probably from his exima just getting worse when he is sick. So he gave me an ointment. I later that day went to Matthews actual doctor to talk about the not sleeping. The doctor said he was convinced that it was just his cold and he did a culture for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections) (i think thats right des danny?). . If his sore got that bad he would have to admit him. I still haven't gotten the results. So in the meant time he has a topicle ointment and a mouth antibiotic. But feeling much much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment