Ok so back in march i got really sick with influenza. I wen to the doctor and he gave me some medicine to help me out. I was sick for about 2 weeks. I then on a tuesday night was sitting there and my corner of my mouth went numb. It spread within 10 min up to under my eye on my right side. I looked up signs for a stroke and called my sister who is a nurse just to ask what other signs were. Nothing else happened and so i decided to just call the doctor the next day. But the next three days my face continued to be numb and on top of that my right eye became very droopy and slightly swollen.
I went to see the doctor and he did a few tests. Poking different sides of my face and arms and legs. Also using a feather. There was definite difference in the feeling. So he ordered an MRI. I got the MRI and he then told me that i had polyps. Polyps "is an abnormal growth of tissue projecting from a mucous membrane." He told me to go see an ENT. Ears, Nose, and Throat specialist. And gave me a antibiotic that was supposed to shrink these polyps. Instead it made me nauseated and sensitive to the sun. (not that i need help with that)
I went on Monday to go see a specialist. He said he could not see anything on my MRI other then liquid in my nasal passages. I was sick when they took the MRI. So he had to me do a CT scan. He said there was definitely tons of stuff going on there and i also had a deviated septum. I would need surgery. But on the down side the symptoms i were experiencing he had never heard of being caused by polyps. He wants me to go see a Neurologist. He says the symptoms sound like MS. So before he will fix my nose he wants me to go see one.
So i have set up to go see one. And have a tentative appointment for surgery. I am waiting now. I am also trying to see if i can get medicaid to continue to cover me even though brett has a job. Or see if brett can get full time to get insurance. I will let you know details as it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment